Police: CT Man Drove Wrong Way on I-90 in Columbia County
A Connecticut man, who was allegedly intoxicated, was arrested after driving the wrong way on the New York State Thruway.
On Sunday, just after midnight, state police responded to the area of I-90, in the Town of Canaan, N.Y. for a report of a possible wrong way driver.
Troopers located a vehicle with a single male occupant parked facing eastbound in the westbound lane.
During an interview with the driver, Ronald S. Gamache, 47, of Higganum, CT, he was found to be intoxicated.
Gamache was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated with a previous conviction within 10 years, felony, Reckless Driving, and multiple traffic violations.
He was arraigned in the Town of Canaan Court and remanded to Columbia County Jail in lieu of $500 cash bail, or $2,000 bond. He is scheduled to return to court this week.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie