Police: 1-Year-Old Hit With Glass Bottle Thrown By Hudson Valley Woman
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of hitting a baby with a glass bottle.
On Sunday around 4 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office responded to a physical dispute on Glasco Turnpike in the Town of Saugerties.
An investigation determined that 27-year-old Marquita Byrd of Kingston allegedly threw a bottle through a glass door, striking another person and a one-year-old child.
The baby suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene, police say.
Byrd fled the home before deputies’ arrived, but she was found a short time later and taken into custody. She was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, criminal mischief, misdemeanors, and a violation of harassment.
Byrd was released with an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Saugerties Court on a later date.
- Deadly Tick Carrying Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York
- Orange County Police Chief Shot, Long Standoff Ends With Suspect Dead
- Hudson Valley Now Home To America’s Favorite Burger
- ‘Lifesaver': Uber, Lyft Coming To Hudson Valley Sooner than expected?
- Hudson Valley Teen Jailed For Murdering Local Elderly Woman
A local pharmacist tells us how to get a medical marijuana prescription and the benefits of medical marijuana.