New Details Emerge Regarding Orange County Plane Crash
Additional details have been released regarding the plane crash that killed one in Orange County. As we previously reported, at approximately 9AM Saturday, state police responded to the report of a plane crash in the Town of Wawayanda, off Dolsontown Road.
Pilot Aaron Panken, 63 of Mamaroneck, N.Y. and flight instructor Frank Riess, 65 of Wallkill, N.Y. were conducting an evaluation flight out of Randall Airport in the Town of Wallkill.
The plane was identified as an Aeronica 7AC.
Both men were transported to Orange Regional Medical Center. Panken was pronounced deceased by hospital staff.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) were notified and responded to the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie