Nearly Half Million Worth Of Weed Found Inside Hudson Valley Home, Police Say
Almost of a half a million dollars’ worth of weed was found inside a Hudson Valley home.
On Wednesday, the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office served a search warrant at a home on Hill Top Road in the Town of Thompson.
A marijuana growing operation was found with two men tending to the plants inside the home, police say.
Junior Jose Duran, 43, of Philadelphia P.A., and 56-year-old Jose Alberto Gomez DeLeon, of New York City were both charged with criminal possession of marijuana in and unlawfully growing cannabis, a misdemeanor.
The men are accused of being in possession of around 108 pounds of marijuana with a street value of about $432,000.
Both were arraigned in Town of Thompson Court and sent to the Sullivan County Jail in lieu of $35,000 bail.
The Sheriff’s Office was assisted by U.S. Homeland Security Investigations and Town of Bethel Constables.
- Marine Admits Sexual Abusing a Sleeping Hudson Valley College Student
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Beating Mother of Child ‘Like An Animal’
- Plane Goes Off Runway at Sky Acres
- Local Woman Accused Of Selling Government Issued Wood Pellets Over Internet
- Teenage Parents Arrested For Allegedly Smoking Weed Near Infant Child
A shady dental worker, Daryl’s House getting sued, and a stolen Porsche are part of this week’s top 5 local stories.