Man Arrested After Weapons, Metal Detectors Stolen in Dutchess
A man is accused of stealing metal detectors, a chainsaw and gun from a Dutchess County home.
On Thursday, New York State Police from Dover Plains arrested Brent A. Latham, 36, of New Milford, C.T., for burglary a felony.
Troopers began investigating a burglary to a home on Weil Road in the Town of Dover in August of 2016 where two metal detectors, a Husqvarna chainsaw and a Ruger .357 handgun were reported stolen.
During the course of the investigation, several leads were followed including the examination of a piece of a torn latex glove that was found at the scene.
Lab analysis of the latex glove revealed a DNA match to Latham, who was incarcerated in of Connecticut, police say.
As a result of the investigation, Latham was arrested in Connecticut as a fugitive of justice and was extradited to New York State.
Latham was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail without bail.
- L.A. Sex Offender Moves to the Hudson Valley
- Julia Roberts Continues To Be Spotted in the Hudson Valley
- 6 Hudson Valley Residents Saved From Scary Ice Jam
- Wanted Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested
- Help Needed After Dog Found Abused in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Hit By 2 Cars While Walking
- Police: Man Commits Suicide on I-84
- Woman Killed in Fire At Hudson Valley Group Home
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Convinced Minors to Send Nude Photos
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley