Local Woman Drove Impaired By Drugs, Alcohol With Child
A Hudson Valley woman allegedly drove impaired by drugs and alcohol with a child in her car.
On Wednesday just before 4 p.m., Saugerties police stopped a 1999 jeep traveling North on Morse Road in the Town of Saugerties.
Prior to the stop, police received a call that the driver, 33-year-old Cara J. Bowler of Woodstock appeared to be drunk when she purchased alcohol at a gas station in Saugerties. Police were also told that Bowler was seen driving away with a child in her car.
After pulling Bowler over police found an open container of an alcohol, weed and a 7-year-old girl in her car, officials say.
Authorities also allege that Bowler was driving in an intoxicated state. She was charged with driving while intoxicated, a felony under Leandra’s Law, driving while ability impaired by drugs and endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors.
Bowler was arraigned in the Town of Saugerties Court and released after posting $1,000 cash bail. The child was turned over to her grandparents by police.
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found 42 Years Later
- $350 Million Theme Park Coming to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Placed Explosive Device On Ex’s Car, Police
- Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley