Let’s Petition to Rename Poughkeepsie to Big Mac City
In honor of the Big Mac's 50th anniversary I'd like to change Poughkeepsie's name to Mac City for just one day.
It's a little known fact, but according to Thrillist, back in the early 1990s, the city of Pittsburgh changed its name to Big Mac for one day in honor of America's favorite sandwich's 25th birthday.
Now that the Big Mac is over the hill, I think it's time that the Hudson Valley pays its respect. After all, how many Big Macs do you think that Poughkeepsie has eaten in 50 years? It's estimated that nearly 500 million Big Macs are sold year. I've got to believe that we make a heavy dent in that statistic.
Should we change the Queen City to Mac City? It's just for on day. Let's have some fun.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America