Investigators Search For Cause of Columbia County Blaze
A Columbia County residence was fully engulfed in flames late Tuesday morning.
The New York State Police are assisting in an active fire investigation on Rigor Hill Road in the Town of Ghent.
Troopers responded at approximately 11:42 a.m. for a fully engulfed residence. Austerlitz, Ghent, Chatham, Philmont, and Niverville fire departments all assisted on the scene fighting the blaze.
The building is thought to be unoccupied at this time with no injuries reported.
New York State Fire Inspection and Columbia County Cause and Origin Team will be working with Investigators to determine a cause for the fire.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie