Improvements Will Upgrade Lake George Water Quality
Improvements have been announced that will upgrade the quality of water at America's most beautiful lake. The Town of Lake George will receive nearly $350,000 to repair and upgrade wastewater collection efforts which will help keep the waters of Lake George clean.
The allocated funds will go towards updating sewer lines and other infrastructure to prevent wastewater from leaking into the environment and to help prevent closures of Million Dollar Beach.
As part of a $2.5 billion clean water initiative, steps are being taken to protect New York's water infrastructure. Governor Cuomo had this to say about the program.
Our $2.5 billion clean water infrastructure investment is playing a critical role in our efforts to preserve the state's natural resources, and by supporting these water system upgrades, we are ensuring New York's environment remains protected for generations to come.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America