Human Remains Found in Bag in Hudson Valley, Police Need Answers
Police are hoping for answers after human remains were found inside a bag near a dumpster in the Hudson Valley.
On Monday around noon, members of the Yonkers Police Department responded to the Wells Fargo Bank branch on Odell Avenue for reports of a suspicious duffle bag left in the area.
Upon arrival members of the emergency service unit found the bag outside the building near a garbage dumpster.
Officers tested the air quality for the presence of a possible explosive device. After the results came back negative they looked inside the bag, police say.
It was then discovered the bag contained human remains, according to police.
Detectives from the major case unit and crime scene unit responded to the scene, interviewed people in the area, searched for surveillance video and processed forensic evidence.
As of this writing, police still don't know the person's identity or cause of death. ABC is reporting the remains belong to an unknown man.
Yonkers police investigators will work closely with the Westchester County Medical Examiner’s Office in an effort to determine the identity of the victim, the cause of death and possible location of occurrence.
This investigation is in the beginning stages, and as such information is limited, police say.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact the Yonkers Police Detective Division at (914) 377-7724 – all calls will remain confidential.
- Police: Teen Killed In Front of Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Hudson Valley Officer Accused of Killing Ex-Wife
- Human Remains Found in Bag in Hudson Valley, Police Need Answers
- Smoke From Deadly California Wildfires Reaches New York
- 9 Tips To Keep Your Family Safe From Thanksgiving Salmonella
- Hudson Valley Infant Suffers Significant Burns To Body
- Local Weather Experts Predicts More Snow Than Normal This Winter
- Watch Out For This Deadly Turkey This Thanksgiving
- Pregnant Hudson Valley Woman Killed, Teen Clings To Life