Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Upstate New York
A Hudson Valley woman was killed after she got out of a tractor-trailer in upstate New York.
On Monday around 1:30 a.m., a 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche, driven by 29-year-old James T. Ashley of Massena, was traveling south on State Route 12 in the Town of West Turin when he approached a tractor-trailer parked along the north shoulder of the roadway across from the entrance of a gas station.
A female passenger of the tractor-trailer, 50-year-old Bridget M. Weir of Kingston, began to walk across the roadway and into the path of the vehicle. She was then hit by Ashley's oncoming vehicle, police say.
Weir was taken to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Utica where she succumbed to her injuries.
No criminal charges are expected against Ashley, officials say.
- Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Murder, Again
- 600 Positions Available At New Hudson Valley Casino, Free Training Offered
- Police: Number of People Overdose in Hudson Valley Motel in Front of Child
- Contagious Disease is Spreading in the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Rabid Fox Attacks Woman in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley