Hudson Valley Teen Charged With Sexual Conduct With Child
A Hudson Valley teen is accused of sexually abusing a child from Dutchess County.
On Monday, New York State Police in conjunction with investigators from the Dutchess County Child Advocacy Center arrested 19-year-old Jairon Gregorio Mendez of Hillsdale for a course of sexual conduct with a child, a class B felony.
An investigation, initiated as a result of a law enforcement referral to the New York State Central Registry for Child Abuse, determined Mendez engaged in a course of sexual conduct with a child, police say.
Mendez was arraigned before the town of Amenia Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley School District Closes All Schools Due to Shooting Threat
- Sources: Woman Found Floating in Hudson Valley Creek
- DOH: 380 Die From Opioid Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Fighting For Life From Flu
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Beat Friend Near Train Tracks
- Hudson Valley Fifth Grader Competing for Team USA
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley