Hudson Valley Sex Offender Moves Nears Local Schools, Colleges
A Hudson Valley sex offender who raped teen girls is now living near a number of local schools and colleges.
Wilbert Pittman, 52, is now living in an apartment on Broadway in the City of Newburgh. In 2006, the level-2 sex offender raped two girls, ages 15 and 16, according to the New York State Sex Offenders Database.
According to Google Maps, Pittman’s new home is three-tenths of a mile from SUNY Orange, nine-tenths of a mile from Mount Saint Mary College, one mile from Newburgh Free Academy West, 1.2 miles from Newburgh Free Academy, 1.3 miles from GAMS Tech Magnet School, and a half a mile from the Newburgh Free Library.
In 2006, Pittman was sentenced to 10 years probation.
- Elderly Hudson Valley Couple Killed in ATV Accident
- Heroic Hudson Valley Man Stopped New York City Terror Attack
- Police: Large Bear Seen Roaming the Streets of the Hudson Valley
- Police: Missouri Man Promoted Sexual Act by Hudson Valley Child
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assaulted Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley