Hudson Valley Man Throws Urine at Officer
A Hudson Valley man who once threw feces at an officer nailed another officer in the face with a large amount of urine.
On Friday in Ulster County Court, a jury found 49-year-old Eschell Ashcroft of Napanoch guilty of aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate.
The evidence at trial proved that while an inmate at Eastern Correctional Facility Ashcroft threw urine on a corrections officer, officials say.
The urine hit the officer in his face, shirt and pants.
The incident was captured on video surveillance. Many corrections officers testified at trial, including the officer who was struck by the urine.
A serologist from the New York State Police Crime Lab testified that the thrown substance tested positive for urine.
In 2005, Ashcroft was convicted for throwing feces at a corrections officer in Sullivan County. He was previously convicted for attempted robbery, reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal sale of crack cocaine, according to the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office
Ashcroft faces 2.5 to 5 years in prison when sentenced.
- Hudson Valley Athletic Trainer Saves High School Student’s Life
- Fast Food Delivery Officially Coming Soon to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Found With Arsenal of Assault Rifles
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley