Hudson Valley Man Sentenced for Violent Home Burglary
A Hudson Valley man who violently beat a woman during a home burglary was sentenced.
On Wednesday in Sullivan County Court, 46-year-old Jason Carnell of Monticello was sentenced to eight years in prison after he was found guilty of first-degree burglary.
On January 7, 2017, Carnell kicked in the front door of Village of Monticello home, assaulted the resident and attempted to drag a woman to his car before fleeing, police say.
The woman suffered multiple injuries, including a cut to her head that required suturing by several staples as well as a broken nose. In court, Carnell admitted he wasn’t provoked when he assaulted the woman.
Carnell was apprehended by Monticello Police as he fled on foot. He was sentenced as a second felony offender for having prior felony convictions, including a 2014 conviction for felony criminal mischief.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed When Truck Rolls Over Him
- One Killed In Propane Truck vs Vehicle Crash in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley High School Teacher Dies on New Year's Day
- Popular Hudson Valley Diner Damaged in New Year's Fire
- Hudson Valley Teacher Dies
- Poughkeepsie Galleria Evacuated
- Woman Charged With Sex Trafficking Teen in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Wants to Rename Stewart Airport
Check out the Top 5 stories of 2017 from Hudson Valley Post.