Hudson Valley Man in Critical Condition Following Head-on Crash In Dutchess County
A Hudson Valley man is fighting for his life after a head-on crash in Dutchess County.
On Monday just before 11 p.m., New York State Police from the Wappinger barracks were dispatched to a two-car auto collision on Route 9D, just south of the Breakneck Tunnel.
An investigation determined that 61-year-old Lynford R. Davis of Beacon tried to pass a northbound car in a no passing zone and hit a southbound car head-on, police say.
After the head-on crash, Davis’s car left the road and hit a utility pole.
Lynford was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center with serious injuries and is listed in critical but stable condition.
The other driver, 29-year-old Gregory V. Prince of Rockland County, was transported by ambulance to Westchester Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies in Off-Duty Crash
- Local Officials Warn of ‘Mystery Shoppers Scam’
- Police: Drunk Man Causes Rollover Accident in Dutchess County
- $2.6 Million Awarded To Local Law Enforcement To Fight Gun Violence
- Police: Dutchess County Man Touched Woman on ‘Intimate Parts Of Her Body’