Hudson Valley Man Found Injured on Sidewalk, Dies
Police are hoping for answers after a Hudson Valley man died after he was found distressed on the sidewalk.
On Sunday, just before 10 p.m., City of Newburgh police officers were flagged down in the area of Carpenter Ave and Van Ness Street for an injured man at the corner.
Officers found a man in distress laying on the sidewalk in front of 59 Van Ness Street. Officers began to administer C.P.R. while waiting for Mobile Life to arrive on scene.
A short time later the man was transported to St. Luke’s hospital where he was pronounced dead, police say
The man was later identified as 51-year-old Marvin Jones from New Windsor. Police didn’t release what may have led to his death or what his injuries were.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the City of Newburgh Police Department at (845)561-3131.
- Should The Hudson Valley Worry About Hurricane Irma?
- 'Armed and Dangerous’ Attempted Murder Suspect On the Run in Hudson Valley
- Police I.D. Skeletal Remains Found Near Missing Hudson Valley Man’s Car
- 4th Person Arrested After Hudson Valley Man Beaten By Baseball Bats
- Police: Local Woman Overdoses For Fourth Time, Arrested
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley