Hudson Valley Man Defrauded Family Out of Over $105,000
A Hudson Valley man is heading to jail after he defrauded a local woman and her elderly father out of over $105,000.
In Ulster County Court, 57-year-old Lance Lavender of Red Hook was sentenced to one to four years in prison and ordered to pay $105,800 in restitution to two victims.
According to the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office, Lavender conned a local Ulster County resident into giving him money by claiming he was a financial expert and realtor who could help her consolidate her debt and manage her financial affairs.
At the same time, Lavender also defrauded the woman’s elderly father by claiming that his daughter urgently needed financial assistance.
Lavender was recently found guilty of scheme to defraud.
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Upstate New York
- Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Murder, Again
- 600 Positions Available At New Hudson Valley Casino, Free Training Offered
- Police: Number of People Overdose in Hudson Valley Motel in Front of Child
- Contagious Disease is Spreading in the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Rabid Fox Attacks Woman in Hudson Valley
Here are this week’s Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley