Hudson Valley Man Blocking Driveway Arrested For Drug Possession
After allegedly blocking a neighbor’s driveway with his car, a Hudson Valley man is facing multiple felony weed charges.
On Sunday, New York State Police from the Brewster barracks received a complaint about a vehicle blocking a driveway on Haviland Drive in the town of Patterson.
While talking with the owner of the vehicle, 24-year-old Austin M. Hayes of Patterson, illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia were observed in plain sight, police say.
Hayes is accused of being in possession of four pounds of marijuana, approximately 2.5 grams of concentrated cannabis and $1,183 in U.S. currency.
Hayes was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, criminal possession of marijuana, felonies, criminal possession of a controlled substance and two counts of criminal use of drug paraphernalia, all class A misdemeanors.
Hayes was arraigned before the town of Patterson Court and remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $1,500 cash bail or $3,000 bond.
- Teen Killed In Florida Tragedy Accepted by Hudson Valley College
- Hollywood A-Listers Seen in Hudson Valley
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Arrested For Sexually Abusing Local Children
- Hudson Valley 'Hero' Stops Potential School Shooting
- Hudson Valley Man Becomes National Sensation For Destroying AR-15
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Fleeing Scene of Fatal Accident
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley