Hudson Valley Man Accused of Scalding 2-Year-Old
A Hudson Valley man is a facing three counts of assault following an investigation into the scalding of a 2-year-old.
On Monday, members of the Kingston Police Department's Detective Division began looking into a case regarding the scalding of a 2-year-old child.
Kingston police detectives teamed up with investigators from the Ulster County Child Advocacy center to investigate the claim.
On Wednesday, detectives and investigators arrested Jeremiah R. Smith, 30, of Port Ewen. Police allege Smith scalded a 2-year-old child. Police didn't release the relationship between Smith and the child.
Smith was charged with first-degree assault, two counts of second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child. Smith is currently being held pending arraignment in Kingston City Court.
Detectives were assisted by the Ulster County District Attorney's Office and New York State Police.
- Car Chased By Cops Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home, 1 Likely Dead
- Police: Man Dies Retrieving Items From Burning Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Scalding 2-Year-Old
- SLA: 4 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors
- DEC: Hiker Falls, Slides 40 Feet Down Popular Hudson Valley Falls
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in Local Hotel Room
- Justin Bieber Engaged to Girl From the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus Confirmed in Hudson Valley
- Pet Owner Abandons Dog in Hudson Valley With No Food, Water