Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping Young Teen
A Hudson Valley man allegedly raped a young local teen on more than one occasion.
In February, detectives from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office and Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center began investigating allegations that 23-year-old Jonathan R. Santiago of Spring Glen had sex with someone younger than 15.
The investigation concluded that Santiago had sexual intercourse with a 14-year-old girl at least twice, police say.
Santiago was charged with two-counts of rape, a felony, and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor. He was sent to Ulster County Jail without bail.
- Hudson Valley Man Admits to Driving Drunk, High During Fatal Crash
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Manslaughter in Beating Death of Man by Train Tracks
- Did Army Football Kneel in Protest During the National Anthem?
- New York Man Among Those Killed In Las Vegas Shooting
- Community in Shock After Hudson Valley Woman Allegedly Kills Father of Children
- ‘Sexually Violent’ Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley High School
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley