Hudson Valley Man Accused of Murder
Following an investigation into a dead body a Hudson Valley man has been charged with murder.
On Monday around 9 a.m., Kingston police responded to reports of a man that appeared to be dead lying under the Elmendorf Street bridge and over railroad tracks in Kingston.
Responding police found Anthony Garro Jr. deceased. Police believe the 49-year-old from Kingston was the victim of a homicide.
Following an investigation, 20-year-old Seth Lyons of Ulster Park was charged with second-degree murder.
It appears that Garro died from injuries during an assault, police say. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
Lyons was held pending arraignment.
- Galleria Shooting Suspect Turns Himself In
- Video Released of Deadly Explosion Inside Hudson Valley Plant
- Warning: Dog Bone Treats Could Kill Your Pet
- High Risk Sex Offender Moves Closer to Hudson Valley High School
- When Will the Hudson Valley See Its First Major Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Raping Teen
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley