Hudson Valley Man Accused of Attacking Police
A Hudson Valley man allegedly sent one officer to the hospital after violating an order of protection.
Recently, after receiving a report from New York State Police about a man who was wanted after allegedly violating an order of protection by breaking into his estranged girlfriend’s home, Ellenville police conducted a traffic stop at the Gulf gas station on Route 209.
During the traffic stop, 52-year-old John Garrett is accused of becoming combative with officers. The Ellenville man got out of his car and struggled ensued with officers, police say. One officer was assaulted and had to be taken to a local hospital for undisclosed injuries.
Garrett was placed into custody after being tasered. He’s accused of continuing to be combative while being processed at police headquarters.
Garrett was charged with assault, two counts of criminal mischief, all felonies, and resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.
- Monday’s Hudson Valley Commute Impacted by Snow
- 2 Charged With DWI After One-Car Crash in Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Woman ‘Left to Die by Ex’ Appears on Dr. Phil
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Lefts Dogs Outside Without Food, Water
- Hudson Valley Woman Wanted Again
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley