Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
Weeks before graduation, a Hudson Valley high school senior lost his life in a car crash. Washingtonville High School 12th-grade student John West III died suddenly on Wednesday, Washingtonville High School Brian T. Connolly said on the school's website.
According to social media posts, West died following a car crash in Blooming Grove.
"Everyone who knew John West III knew that he was one the most genuinely nice and funny people you would ever meet. He was a great kid and was taken way to soon only a few weeks before graduation," Jonathan Saltz wrote in a GoFundMe he set up to help pay for West's funeral expenses.
A Crisis Intervention Team made up of professionals trained to help with the needs of students, parents and school personnel at difficult times is available to the Washingtonville community, according to Connolly.
As of this writing, the GoFundMe raised over $22,000 in less than 24 hours.
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Assaulted Infant Son
- The Hudson Valley Is The 'Epicenter Of Tick-Borne Diseases'
- Newburgh Man Charged in Insurance Fraud after Home Fire
- Rabid Coyote Attacks Young Girl in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Biker Killed in Route 9W Crash
- Child Attacked by Coyote at Hudson Valley Park
- Man Sexually Abused Wife's Granddaughter in Hudson Valley
- Reward Offered After Fire at Old Hudson River Psychiatric Center
- Police: Four Arrested After Fatal Overdose in Dutchess County