Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty
A Newburgh man admitted he sold heroin and other drugs in the Hudson Valley.
On Thursday in Orange County Court, 37-year-old Joe Bailey of Newburgh, pleaded guilty to criminal sale of a controlled substance for selling over a half-ounce of crack-cocaine and heroin in May 2017.
Bailey confessed he sold the drugs near South Lander Street and Spring Street in the City of Newburgh.
Bailey was arrested by the Orange County Drug Task Force after an Orange County grand jury indicted him for criminal sale of a controlled substance.
At the time of his guilty plea, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office stated that it would recommend a 10-year prison sentence. The court said it would sentence him to no more than seven years in prison.
Bailey is scheduled to be sentenced on April 26.
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
- Police: Worker Commits Sex Act at Hudson Valley Retirement Home
- Fire Displaces 6 Hudson Valley Residents From Home
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley