Hudson Valley Chocolate Festival Announced
If you're a Hudson Valley chocolate lover, you'll probably want to join in on the fun at the fifth annual Chocolate Festival being put on this fall. Put Saturday, Nov. 3 on your calendar now and come to Red Hook from 11-4 and be sure to come hungry.
This free event is put on annually by the Red Hook Chamber of Commerce and includes chocolate tastings, food demos, cooking competitions live music and much more. The event will take place throughout the village and even features a Wandering Wonka.
Red Hook has a deep history with chocolate. According to their website, Red Hook Chocolate factory was founded in 1888 and manufactured 20,000 pounds of chocolate a day until improvements in refrigeration allowed companies to ship further. This led to the closure of the factory and eventual abandonment of the building. In the mid-90s the factory was renovated and turned into retail and office space.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America