How Good Is New York For Working Moms?
How good is New York for working moms, compared to the rest of the country?
With Mother's Day this weekend and more than 70 percent of moms with young children working today, Wallethub released its report of 2018's Best & Worst State's for Working Moms.
In order to ease the burden on women, particularly moms, Wallethub compared the attractiveness of each of the 50 states for a working mother based on 15 key metrics.
They set ranges from median women’s salary to female unemployment rate to day-care quality.
New York is the 10th best state for working moms according to the report. Here's the breakdown.
Life As a Working Mom in New York:
- 1st - Day-care quality
- 17th - Pediatricians per Capita
- 9th - Gender Pay Gap (Women’s Earnings as % of Men’s)
- 12th - Ratio of Female Executives to Male Executives
- 27th - Female Unemployment Rate
- 3rd - Parental-Leave Policy Score
- 23rd - Avg. Length of Woman’s Workday (in Hours)
- 22nd - % of Single-Mom Families in Poverty
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie