Hospital Grades: How Did Hudson Valley Hospitals Do?
- Hospital Saftey Grade put our their grades for hospitals across the nation, and New York hospitals aren't doing too hot. Hospital Safety Grade ranks patient safety on errors, infections, and injuries. On their site, you can see what caused each hospital to be graded the way it was. They cite 440,000 people dying every year from hospital error.
Here's how our local hospitals were graded:
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center: C
- MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center: C
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital Newburgh Campus: C
- Northern Dutchess Hospital: C
- HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley - Broadway Campus: C
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital Cornwall Campus: C
- Putnam Hospital Center: A
- Orange Regional Medical Center: C
- Westchester Medical Center: C
Thankfully, no Hudson Valley hospital got an F, which is quite relieving. But only 1 local hospital got an A, which was Putnam Hospital Center.