Grammy Winner’s Hudson Valley Concert in Jeopardy
A Grammy award-winning artist’s upcoming Hudson Valley concert might be canceled.
Earl Simmons, who goes by the rap name DMX, is heading back to jail for violating probation for allegedly failing a drug test, reports TMZ.
TMZ reports that the 47-year-old from Yonkers was deemed a flight risk after he tested positive for opiates, cocaine and oxycodone.
In February 2016, police from the Hudson Valley saved DMX’s life after he was found lifeless from an apparent drug overdose outside a Yonkers hotel.
DMX will remain in jail until he is sentenced for tax evasion, reports Billboard.
In December 2017, he pleaded guilty to tax evasion. He admitted he avoiding paying $1.7 million in taxes.
Simmons was scheduled to be sentenced in March. It’s unclear if the sentencing will be pushed back or moved up.
DMX is scheduled to perform at The Chance in Poughkeepsie on Saturday, Feb. 10.
Hudson Valley Post couldn’t reach anyone at The Chance when we called for comment.
- Police Officer, Fireman Found Dead At Popular Hudson Valley Bar
- Hudson Valley Teacher’s Aide Raped, Sexually Abused Boy
- New MTV 'Jersey Shore'-Style Show Films in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Owned, Shared Child Porn
- Robert De Niro, Julia Roberts Spotted In the Hudson Valley
- DA: 4 Die From Opioid Overdoses in Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping 2 Women Sentenced
- Police: Dutchess County Man Sexually Touched Child, More Victims Possible
- Police Investigate Fatal Shooting Near Hudson Valley Park
- Couple Accused of Identity Theft at Galleria Jewelry Store
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley