Free Snowmobile Weekend in New York
According to his government website, Governor Cuomo has announced a free snowmobile weekend for the first weekend of February starting on Friday the 2nd through Monday the 5th. On this weekend, out of state and Canadian snowmobilers registration fees are waived. Under normal circumstances, out of state snowmobiles must be registered with NY State before taking it on any trails. This fee is up to $100, but this coming weekend, it's free!
Those visitors who participate must possess valid registration from their home state or province as well as proof of adequate insurance. Gov. Andrew Cuomo also has announced more than $5 million for trail maintenance across the state of NY.
This a nice effort to provide more use out of New York's natural landscape and provide further intensive for tourism revenue. I personally haven't gone snowmobiling since I was a small child, but there's something about this winter sport that begs me to want to try again.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America