Ford Recalls Roughly 350,000 F-150s and Expeditions
Ford Motor Company is recalling vehicles for a transmission issue that could result in the car moving after being put into park.
Ford is issuing a safety recall in North America for approximately 350,000 2018 Ford F-150 and 2018 Ford Expedition vehicles with 10-speed automatic transmissions as well as 2018 Ford F-650 and F-750 vehicles with 6-speed automatic transmissions for a potentially unseated transmission gear shift cable clip.
On some of the affected vehicles, a clip that locks the gear shift cable to the transmission may not be fully seated. Over time a partially seated clip or a clip that becomes dislodged may allow the transmission to be in a gear state different from the gearshift position selected by the driver.
This would allow the driver to move the position to park and remove the key, while the transmission gear may not be in park.
If the parking brake is not applied, it could result in unattended vehicle movement. Ford is aware of one reported accident and injury related to this condition.
The affected vehicles include:
- 2018 Ford F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Assembly Plant, Jan. 5, 2017 to Feb. 16, 2018
- 2018 Ford F-150 vehicles built at Kansas City Assembly Plant, Jan. 25, 2017 to Feb. 16, 2018
- 2018 Ford Expedition vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant, April 3, 2017 to Jan. 30, 2018
- 2018 Ford F-650 and F-750 vehicles built at Ohio Assembly Plant, April 25, 2017 to March 9, 2018
The Ford reference number for this recall is 18S10. The dealership will inspect and verify the shift cable locking clip was properly installed.
If the clip is not properly seated, it will be fixed at no cost to the customer.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie