Florida Man Wanted in Wife’s Murder Investigation Found In Hudson Valley
A man wanted after his wife was found dead in Florida was found in the Hudson Valley.
On Saturday, members of the Ulster County Sheriff's Office were told by the Ormond Beach Police Department that 72-year-old Donald Place of Ormond Beach, F.L., a person of interest in the suspicious death of a Florida woman, was likely in Ulster County.
Place was wanted for questioning after his wife, 62-year-old Debra Jean Place, was found dead at the Ridgecrest Mobile Home Park in Ormond Beach, Saturday morning.
Police investigated after Millisi Wells, Debra’s daughter, received a letter allegedly from Donald that said Debra was dead and he would be dead soon, reports the Daytona Beach News-Journal.
It was believe that Place was in Kingston area. On Saturday around 6:30 p.m., Place was spotted in a car in the Kingston Plaza.
Place was also wanted in the Albany area for grand larceny, a felony.
Place was arrested, transported to the Ulster County Law Enforcement Center and later released to the custody of the Town of Colonie Police.
Place is being held in the Albany County Jail awaiting further proceedings and the results of further investigation by Florida authorities.
- Gas Prices Are Increasing at an Alarming Rate in New York
- 18 Teens or Children Currently Missing From Hudson Valley
- 22 Ticks With Potentially Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Found Just Outside Hudson Valley
- Watch Out: Officials Warn About Hurrian Harvey Charity Scams
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Many Hudson Valley Schools
- Missing Hudson Valley Man’s Vehicle, Skeletal Remains Found
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley