Electrical Wire Snaps Causing Fire in Ulster County
An electrical wire between two Central Hudson poles snapped and ignited nearby foliage on Monday.
On Monday at 6:42 p.m., a high tension electrical wire snapped between two Central Hudson poles in the area of Snyder's Appliances in the Village of Saugerties.
The live wire fell to the ground and ignited some nearby foliage. Police, Central Hudson, and Saugerties fire all responded to the scene.
During the outage the Village Business District was without power, as were numerous residential neighborhoods including the Village Hall and Courthouse.
There were no reports of any injuries or criminal activity related to the outage.
Police maintained all intersections where traffic lights were affected by the outage, ensuring vehicle and pedestrian safety.
Central Hudson was able to restore power by 8:18 p.m.