Elderly Man Drowns In Hudson Valley Pond
An elderly Hudson Valley man lost his life in a local pond.
On Monday around 2:15 p.m., troopers and investigators from the New York State Police Liberty barracks responded to a possible drowning at a pond on Gale Road in the Town of Bethel.
Upon their arrival, an ATV was observed floating upside down a short distance from the shore, police say.
Divers from the Kauneonga Lake Fire Dept found the body of an 86-year old man from Mongaup Valley in about 30 feet of water at the Mongaup Valley Pond. He was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The investigation is continuing, however no foul play is expected, officials say.
State Police were assisted at the scene by the Sullivan County Sheriff's Dept, Town of Bethel Constables, fire companies from Kauneonga Lake, Smallwood, Lake Huntington, Youngsville, White Lake, Highland Lake, and Mobil Medic and Hatzolah EMS.
- DEC Rangers Find Lost Injured Elderly Man Hiking In The Hudson Valley
- New York is Now Doing This to Stop Corrupt Pet Dealers
- Hudson Valley Man, Pastor Obtained Dead Father’s Benefits For 14 Years
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed for Aggravated Identity Theft and Passport Fraud
- Former Police Officer Accused of Animal Cruelty In The Hudson Valley After Animals Found Dead
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley