Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Seriously Injured Crossing Street
Police are hoping for answers after an elderly Hudson Valley woman was hit by a car while crossing the street.
On Wednesday around 3:20 p.m., the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department received a call about a car accident involving a person near the Shell Gas Station on Violet Avenue, State Route 9G.
A 72-year-old Town of Poughkeepsie woman entered the road and was hit by a car heading north on Violet Avenue, according to police. The driver was a 49-year-old man from Red Hook.
The woman suffered serious head injuries, officials say. Her condition isn’t known at this time.
Violet Avenue between Copy Terrace and Cottage Road was closed for over four hours as police investigated.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation. Any witnesses should call the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department at 845-485-3680 or 845-485-3666.
- Child Dies From the Flu in Hudson Valley
- Ruling Made in Fatal Crash Involving Hudson Valley Police Officer
- Potentially Dangerous Animal Terrorizes Hudson Valley Town
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Bowling Alley
- $4,000 Found and Returned Outside Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Driver Walks Away From Horrific Accident on Palisades Parkway
- The Price is Right is Coming Back to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Resident Selected in Major League Soccer Draft
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley