Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
An elderly Hudson Valley woman was killed in a crash after the car she was riding in crashed into a number of trees.
On Monday around 12:30 p.m., the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office responded to a one-car accident on Route 22, just north of Hunt Road in the Town of Hillsdale.
A 2014 Toyota Corolla, driven by 82-year-old Albert R. Ahlstrom of Kingston, was traveling southbound on State Route 22 and for unknown reasons failed to negotiate a curve, crossed over to the east shoulder of the roadway, drove down an embankment and hit a number of trees before coming to a stop, police say.
Ahlstrom and his passenger, 81-year-old Joan E. Ahlstrom of Kingston, were both taken to Fairview Hospital.
Joan was pronounced dead at the hospital. Albert was treated for chest pains and a cut to his right hand.
The accident is still under investigation.
State Route 22 was closed for approximately three hours during the investigation.
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
- Police: Worker Commits Sex Act at Hudson Valley Retirement Home
- Fire Displaces 6 Hudson Valley Residents From Home
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley