Dutchess Teen Shot, Police Seek Help in Finding Gunman
A Dutchess County teen is currently in emergency surgery after he was shot Wednesday morning. Police are hoping for help in finding the person responsible.
On Wednesday around 1:54 a.m., City of Poughkeepsie 911 received several calls reporting shots fired in the area of 47 Talmadge Street.
Responding officers found an 18-year-old Poughkeepsie man with a single gunshot wound to his neck. The unnamed teen is currently undergoing surgery.
There was a group of people in the area at the time of the shooting, police say.
Anyone who witnessed this shooting or anyone with information about this shooting or anyone with video of this shooting should call the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department's confidential Tip Line at (845) 451-7577.
- Fireworks Explode In A Car On Thurway, 5 Injured
- Hudson Valley Man Shot Outside Convenience Store
- ‘Top Chef’ Finalist to Host Pop-Up Dinner in The Hudson Valley
- Undercover Operation Leads to Arrests of 7 Accused Orange County Drug Dealers
- Man Injured After Driving Into Dutchess County Home
- Hudson Valley Teen Charged With Leaving Anti-Semitic Graffiti
Check out this weeks top 5 stories, including a critical blood shortage in the state and a manhunt for 2 people wanted for attempted murder