Dutchess County Woman Injured In 3-Car Crash on Highway
A Dutchess County woman was injured when a car drove into the opposite lane of traffic on I-684 in the Hudson Valley.
On Monday around 12:35 p.m., State Police responded to Interstate 684 in the Town of Southeast for a report of a three-car collision.
James Desposito, 64, of Bethel, C.T., was traveling south on I-684. Melissa Romagnoli, 44, of Fishkill and 52-year-old Patrick N. Dell of Glastonbury, C.T. were both traveling north on I-684 in separate cars.
Desposito’s southbound car left the road, entered the median and hit Dell’s northbound car. Romagnoli, unable to take evasive action, struck Desposito’s vehicle.
An investigation determined that Desposito’s unsafe speed in bad weather conditions caused the accident, police say.
Desposito and Romagnoli were transported to Danbury Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Hudson Valley Called ‘The New Brooklyn’
- Hudson Valley Native Set To Be Selected In NBA Draft
- Help Is Needed Finding A Number of People Wanted In the Hudson Valley
- Warning: New, Advanced Scam Hits the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Found With Child Porn
- Hudson Valley Cop Part of 12 Arrested in Underage Sex Sting
Check out this week's Top 5 Hudson Valley stories including a deer crashing through a windshield on I-84 during rush hour and a high school senior's tragic death.