Dutchess County Woman Accused of Stealing From Job
A Dutchess County woman is accused of stealing over $5,000 from her job.
On Thursday, State Police from Poughkeepsie investigated a reported theft from the Smokes 4 Less, on North Avenue in Pleasant Valley.
Police determined that 21-year-old Danielle R. Lessner of Pleasant Valley, an employee at Smokes 4 Less, allegedly took merchandise and scanned the items as returned in the register.
Lessner then is accused of stealing money credited for each return, which amounted to over $5,000. She was charged with grand larceny and falsifying business records, both felonies.
Lessner was arraigned before the Town of Pleasant Valley Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $5,000 bond.
- Did Army Football Kneel in Protest During the National Anthem?
- New York Man Among Those Killed In Las Vegas Shooting
- Hudson Valley Man Admits To Sexually Abusing Child
- Community in Shock After Hudson Valley Woman Allegedly Kills Father of Children
- ‘Sexually Violent’ Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley High School
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Killing Teen Near High School
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley