Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
A Hudson Valley man is serious condition after he allegedly ran a red light and crashed his motorcycle into a car.
On Sunday around 5:20 p.m., 44-year-old Dwayne L. Cantelmo of Stormville was riding a 1995 Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Carmel when he collided with a 2006 Acura at the intersection of Route 6 and Route 52.
Cantelmo was tossed from his bike. He was taken to Danbury Hospital with serious injuries to his head and right leg.
The driver of the car, 33-year-old Michael A. Nieves of Katonah, wasn’t injured.
An investigation determined that Cantelmo ran a red light at the intersection, causing the crash, police say.
The intersection was closed to traffic for about five hours as deputies and investigators reconstructed the crash and cleared the scene. No tickets were issued at the scene and the crash remains under investigation.
- E-Cigs Banned in All Hudson Valley Restaurants, Bars
- Hudson Valley Man Set Motel Room on Fire
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Drunk Twice in 24 Hour Period
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley