Dutchess County Man Found With Forged Dealer Plates, Police
A Dutchess County man is accused of driving in the Hudson Valley with forged car dealership license plates.
On Saturday, New York State Police from Wappinger arrested 38-year-old Matthew L. Minnow of Red Hook for two counts of forgery and two counts of possession of a forged instrument, all felonies.
Just after 3 a.m., troopers conducted a traffic stop on Route 9 in the village of Fishkill. During the stop, police allege the license plate appeared to be forged.
According to police, the vehicle was given out as a loaner from Minnow Motors in Poughkeepsie.
A further investigation determined Minnow forged two dealer plates in order to place additional vehicles on the road with the same registration, police say.
Minnow was arraigned before the city of Poughkeepsie Court and released on his own recognizance.
- DA: 4 Die From Opioid Overdoses in Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping 2 Women Sentenced
- Police: Dutchess County Man Sexually Touched Child, More Victims Possible
- Police Investigate Fatal Shooting Near Hudson Valley Park
- Couple Accused of Identity Theft at Galleria Jewelry Store
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley