Dutchess County Man Arrested For Welfare Fraud
A Dutchess County man is accused of stealing over $4,000 in welfare fraud.
On Thursday, the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office reported the arrest of 36-year-old Angel M. Rivera of Poughkeepsie after an investigation into welfare fraud.
An investigation by the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office Detective Division, in conjunction with the Investigations Division of the Dutchess County Department of Community and Family Services, revealed that Rivera illegally obtained over $4,100 in SNAP benefits between June 2015 and May 2016 by concealing the fact that he had unreported income, police say.
Rivera was charged with third-degree welfare fraud, a felony. He was arraigned at the City of Poughkeepsie Court and released to reappear on April 3.
- DA: 28 Arrested During Hudson Valley Drug Sale Investigations
- Hudson Valley Man Found Guilty of Crash That Killed Young Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Found With over 7,000 Doses of Heroin
- Hudson Valley Teen Continues to Fight For Life From Flu
- 22 Hudson Valley Towns Have Smallest English Speakers in New York
- 9 Hikers Rescued From Snow Covered Mountain in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Child in Hudson Valley
- Police: School Employee Attempted to Rape Teen in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assault Child For Over 2 Years
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley