DA: High Ranking Hudson Valley Gang Leader Jailed
An alleged Hudson Valley drug dealer is heading to prison for possessing an illegal loaded gun.
On Tuesday in Orange County Court, 21-year-old Frederick Blue of Newburgh was sentenced to nine years in prison after he was caught with a loaded .380 semiautomatic pistol in the City of Newburgh on May 22, 2017.
Prosecutors argued that Blue was carrying the weapon in connection with his narcotics trafficking activities. At the time of his arrest, Blue was also charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Blue was among the 16 who were arrested during "Operation Yellow Brick Road.”
"Operation Yellow Brick Road," alleges Blue and 15 other violent gang members sold heroin, cocaine and more in the Hudson Valley.
Blue is one of the highest members of the “600 Gang,” officials say.
“The narcotics trade inevitably leads to the possession of illegal weapons and violence,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “My office will work with all of law enforcement partners and will seek severe prison sentences for anyone who possesses an illegal handgun on our city streets, particularly drug dealers.
- Hudson Valley School District Closes All Schools Due to Shooting Threat
- Sources: Woman Found Floating in Hudson Valley Creek
- DOH: 380 Die From Opioid Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Fighting For Life From Flu
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Beat Friend Near Train Tracks
- Hudson Valley Fifth Grader Competing for Team USA
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley