Cousins Ale Works Releasing Special Beer This Week
Cousins Ale Works in Wappingers Falls, 1582 Rt 9, is releasing a two special cask aged beers this Wednesday July 25, 2018. Join them from 6-9pm. What makes these two beers, Chocolate Strawberry and Ugly Mug Coffee Stout, special is that they are aged in barrels that come from Hill Rock Distillery in Ancram.
The barrels had previously been used to age the award winning whiskeys at Hill Rock. The aging of beer in used whiskey barrels, gives that beer unique flavors and finish.
Have you ever had a whiskey barrel aged beer before? It is getting to be more common to see stouts or heartier beers aged in former whiskey barrels. Do you have a favorite?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America