Cops: Hudson Valley Man Flees After Striking Jogger With Car
A Hudson Valley man was arrested for allegedly fleeing the scene after seriously injuring a local jogger.
On January 8, Robert Ruscher, 62, of Greenville was on a morning run. According to police, he left his home on Rutger Creek Road in the town of Greenville and turned right onto Kurpick, then right onto Center Road, then left onto Logtown Road and a left on County Route 1 and then onto Monahan Road.
He turned around on Monahan to return home and was hit by a car, according to police. He told authorities his last memory was seeing a car on Monahan Road.
Following a few weeks investigation, police determined 21-year-old Ismael Ramos of Port Jervis was the alleged driver. He was charged with leaving the scene of a serious injury accident, a felony and failure to keep right. Police didn't release more details regarding their investigation.
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Could See Up to a 1 Foot of Snow
- Hudson Valley Superintendent Trending After School Closing Song
- Family of Mother Police Say Was Sexually Assaulted Could Use Help
- Crime is Dramatically Rising in These Hudson Valley Counties
- Update on Contaminated Milk That Could Lead to Fatal Infection
- Beloved Hudson Valley Diner Closes For Good
- Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter On The Run
- Student Charged With Assaulting Hudson Valley Teacher
- Top-Ranking Hudson Valley Fire Officials Charged With Corruption
- NYSP Child Abuse Unit Arrest 2 Hudson Valley Residents