Brew U Returns at the Culinary Institute of America
This special type of "learning" will take place on Saturday, Oct. 7 at The Egg at the Culinary Institute of America's campus. During the course of the day, you will be able to sample beers from local breweries paired with food samples made at the CIA.
Also included in the price of your ticket (they are referring to this on the ciachef.edu website as your syllabus), includes the opportunity to attend lectures on other topics, including making cocktails with beers, pairing foods with beers and more information on what makes sour beers different, just to name a few.
Tickets range from $25 for a designated driver ticket to $110 for the VIP treatment. As of this posting, all of the VIP tickets have already sold out, but general admission tickets are still available.
According to their website, here are the New York Breweries that will be participating:
- Brewery at the CIA
- Brooklyn Brewery (Brooklyn)
- Sloop Brewery (Elizaville)
- Chatham Brewery (Chatham)
- Industrial Arts (Garnerville)
- Newburgh Brewing (Newburgh)
- Keegan Ale (Kingston)
- Crossroads Brewing (Athens)
- Mill House Brewery (Poughkeepsie)
- Peekskill Brewing (Peekskill)
- Hyde Park Brewing Co./Rip Van Winkle Brewing (Hyde Park & Catskill)
- Fifth Hammer Brewing (Long Island City)
- C.H. Evans Brewing (Albany)
- Indian Ladder Farmstead Brewery and Cidery (Altamont)
- Angry Orchard Cider (Walden)
- Scrumpe Ewe Cider (Charlotteville)
All participants must be at least 21 years of age.