Beware of Driveway Repair Scam
Officials are warning the Hudson Valley about an ongoing driveway repair scam.
The Ulster County District Attorney’s Division of Consumer Affairs advises consumers to be alert for driveway repair scammers.
The office cautions homeowners to be suspicious of door-to-door businesses. The scammers pressure residents to have work done right away, officials say.
Officials recommend taking the following steps to avoid getting scammed:
- Get a written estimate and contract before the work begins
- Make certain the paperwork has the name, address and telephone number of the business
- Compare estimates
- Note license plate numbers and vehicle descriptions.
- Community in Shock After Hudson Valley Woman Allegedly Kills Father of Children
- ‘Sexually Violent’ Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley High School
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Killing Teen Near High School
- ‘High-Risk’ Sex Offender Arrested For Not Reporting Move in Hudson Valley, Trespassing
- Traffic Expected During Long-term Road Project in Dutchess County
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley