Another Animal Tests Positive For Rabies in the Hudson Valley
Days after a rabid fox attacked a local woman, Hudson Valley health officials are warning residents that another rabid animal was found at a popular local spot.
A rabid raccoon was found on Tuesday at the Putnam Plaza Shopping Center in Carmel.
The animal was removed from the shopping center Tuesday evening and later tested positive for rabies.
Health officials remind everyone that if you see wildlife, you should avoid it.
If you think you are your pet was in contact with the rabid raccoon it’s strongly recommended you call the Putnam County Department of Health at 845-808-1390.
Last week a Mahopac woman was attacked and bitten by a rabid fox. When she fled into her home, the animal chased her inside her home. According to CBS, it was the second rabid fox found in Putnam County in one week.
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested, Living Near Popular Spot
- Hudson Valley Man Who Caused Fatal Accident Was High on Heroin Laced With Fentanyl
- Hudson Valley Man Had Sexual Contact With Young Girl He Met on Social Media
- Hudson Valley Woman Drives Car Through Building
- Hudson Valley Poll: More Americans Than Ever Disapprove of President Trump