Annual Celebration of Lights Parade And Fireworks Announced
The annual Celebration of Lights parade and fireworks display is set for the river district of Poughkeepsie to help usher in the holiday season. Join in on the fun starting at 6:30 as the parade steps off down Main Street and works it's way to Dongan Square Park with multiple Christmas tree lightings along the way.
At 7:15 you'll want to turn your attention to the river as the areas only winter fireworks display will go off presented by the River District Business Association and Legion Fireworks.
The Walkway Over The Hudson is getting in on the action by offering up hot cocoa to those looking for a good spot to watch the fireworks at Upper Landing Park.
Then at 8 PM head to The Bardavon for a showing of the 1990 movie Home Alone. The John Hughes classic tells the tale of Kevin McCallister played by a young Macaulay Culkin who must thwart a daring robbery attempt after getting left at home by his parents who've flown off to Chicago.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America