Amazon Distribution Center Coming to New York
It was announced Tuesday that Amazon will be opening a 70,000-square foot distribution center in Upstate New York.
On Tuesday, Monroe County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo announced on Tuesday that Amazon is coming to Monroe County, N.Y.
Henrietta, N.Y. a suburb of Rochester will be home to the 70,000-square foot distribution center. it will be located at 330 Clay Road.
"It means what is most important to the people of Monroe County. It means local jobs, for local people. It means jobs, jobs, jobs. This is a huge win for the County of Monroe," Dinolfo said.
Rochester did make a bid for Amazon's HQ2, which they believed helped open the door for the distribution center.
Developer Frank Imburgia announced that Amazon works very fast and the distribution center could be up and running within four months.
In October 2017, Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a letter to Amazon's Founder and CEO asking him to consider New York for Amazon's HQ2.
Currently, there is no specific number of jobs the distribution center will create.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie